Friday, September 29
Panel Discussion–– Free and open to the public! The panel at this year’s Florence Festival of Books will focus on “Making Your Writing the Best It Can Be!” Join us at the Florence Events Center from 3 to 4:30 p.m. for this special event. Panelists include:
- Bob Keefer––Long-time writer for the Register-Guard newspaper
- Patricia Marshall––Owner of Luminare Press and Executive Director of Wordcrafters, Eugene, Oregon
- Ned Hickson––Editor-In-Chief for the Siuslaw News and award-winning author and columnist
- Ellen Traylor–– Bestselling author and founder of Port Hole Publishing
- Karen D. Nichols––Author, self published through CreateSpace
Panelists for this event are also instructors for the Words on the Coast Writers’ Symposium, being held the same weekend as the Florence Festival of Books. Click here for more information.
Meet Author John Daniel––John Daniel is the winner of the 2006 Pacific Northwest Bookseller’s Association Book Award and a 2011 Oregon Book Award. He will be discussing his life as a writer of acclaimed environmental nonfiction books like Rogue River Journal and his recent foray into fiction with the novel Gifted. Tickets are $8 in advance, or $10 at the door. Join us at the Florence Events Center at 7 p.m. for a memorable evening.
Saturday, September 30
The Florence Festival of Books Author & Publisher Fair–Join more than 80 authors and publishers for a day focused on books! This is your chance to buy books, meet authors, learn more about publishing your book, and joining other readers in a celebration of the written word. This free event is located at the Florence Events Center from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.