We are back back – bigger and better than ever before! Help us celebrate 10 years of the Florence Festival of Books in September of 2021.
2021 FAQs for Authors & Publishers
1. Is the Florence Festival of Books (FFOB) a book fair for authors only?
No, it is for authors and publishers, and it is a chance for readers to connect directly with books they will love!
2. Where and when will the FFOB take place?
At the Florence Events Center (FEC) during the last half of September each year. In 2021, it will be September 18 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for the book fair and a Keynote Speaker the evening before on September 17 at 7 p.m.
3. How do I sign up to participate?
On Monday, July 12, 2021 registration for authors and publishers will open on this website. Attendees do not need to register for the event. Just show up!
4. How much will it cost me?
There is no charge to attend the Florence Festival of Books and meet authors and publishers. For those interested in selling their books at the Festival, there is a charge. For individuals a 6-foot table––$60, for an 8-foot table–$75, to share an 8-foot table––$90 (this year, to maintain social distancing, we will be limiting group size to two per table).
5. What percentage of sales do I get to keep?
Each participant keeps 100% of their sales.
6. How do I handle credit card sales?
For all participants who do not have the capability to handle credit card sales, the FFOB will have a central location to handle them at no additional charge.
7. Will electricity be available?
Only some tables will be set up with electricity. If you want it, check ‘yes’ on your application.
8. Will I be able to bring my own promo materials?
Yes, as long as they fit into your allotted space. Bookmarks, flyers, posters, and banners are typical. Visuals on a laptop are okay, but anything with sound is not because of intruding on neighboring tables.
9. May I bring food and drink?
Each participant may bring their lunch, snacks, and beverages, but we discourage eating at your table. We have a lobby with tables and volunteers to man your table. Sticky fingers and spilled drinks are not good around books. And participants are not allowed to pass out food to attendees. We don’t want attendees with sticky fingers handling books either. Participants may also buy drinks, snacks, and lunch items (including vegetarian) in the lobby throughout the day. Attendees are not allowed in the book display area with food and drink.
10. Do I have to stay at my table the entire time?
Tables are not to be left untended. The FFOB will have volunteers in blue T-shirts or aprons with the FFOB logo that will sit at and take care of your table so that you can take a short break or a lunch break as needed.
11. Do I have to stay until 4 p.m.?
Yes, the FFOB lasts until 4 p.m. Please plan to stay until then; do not pack up early.
12. Do I get to sit where I want?
No, tables are assigned. If you want your table placed next to participants at a different table, indicate that on your application.
13. How do I get to read from my book?
There will no longer be an option to sign up to read for 15 minutes.
14. Will there be a keynote speaker this year? Yes. On Friday evening at the FEC at 7 p.m. Melody Carlson will be the Keynote Speaker, and there is no charge to attend this special event. Melody is the author of more than 250 books and more than one movie on the Hallmark Channel, one of America’s most prolific and beloved romance writers.
15. Will there be a panel discussion this year?
Yes, from 3 to 4:30 p.m. on Friday, September 17. This year’s event will feature William Sullivan and Bob Welch and the topic will be the pathway each author took to becoming an author. Both of these authors have written 20+ books and are among Oregon’s most popular and admired authors.
16. Is there a deadline or table limit?
Yes, the deadline is September 1, 2021, or when all tables are sold.
17. Whom do I contact for more information? Check this website often at www.florencefestivalofbooks.org, visit the Florence Festival of Books Facebook page or call the Florence Events Center at 541-997-1994 or toll free 888-968-4086 (Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or www.eventcenter.org).