We are back – bigger and better than ever before! This time with ebooks…
2022 FAQs for Authors & Publishers
1. Is the Florence Festival of Books (FFOB) a book fair for authors only?
No, it is for authors and publishers, and it is a chance for readers to connect directly with books they will love! This year, we are also excited to add ebook authors and publishers to the festival!
2. Where and when will the FFOB take place?
The FFOB will take place from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, September 24 at the Florence Events Center (FEC). Authors and publishers are welcome to begin setting up at 7 a.m.; a free panel discussion focused on ebooks will take place at 9 a.m.; the book fair will open its doors from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and the day will end with a keynote from beloved Oregon author William “Bill” Sullivan at 4:15 p.m.
3. How do I sign up to participate?
On Monday, July 5, 2022 registration for authors and publishers will open on this website. Attendees do not need to register for the event. Just show up!
4. How much will it cost me?
There is no charge to attend the Florence Festival of Books and meet authors and publishers. For those interested in selling their books at the Festival, there is a charge. For individuals a 6-foot table––$60, for an 8-foot table–$75, or to share an 8-foot table––$90 for two participants or $100 for three participants.
5. What percentage of sales do I get to keep?
Each participant keeps 100% of their sales.
6. How do I handle credit card sales?
For all participants who do not have the capability to handle credit card sales, the FFOB will have a central location to handle them at no additional charge.
7. Will electricity be available?
Only some tables will be set up with electricity. If you want it, check ‘yes’ on your application.
8. Will I be able to bring my own promotional materials?
Yes, as long as they fit into your allotted space. Bookmarks, flyers, posters, and banners are typical. Visuals on a laptop are okay, but anything with sound is not because of intruding on neighboring tables.
9. May I bring food and drink?
Each participant may bring their lunch, snacks, and beverages, but we discourage eating at your table. We have a lobby with tables and volunteers to man your table. Sticky fingers and spilled drinks are not good around books. And participants are not allowed to pass out food to attendees. We don’t want attendees with sticky fingers handling books either. Participants may also buy drinks, snacks, and lunch items (including vegetarian) in the lobby throughout the day. Attendees are not allowed in the book display area with food and drink.
10. Do I have to stay at my table the entire time?
Tables are not to be left untended. The FFOB will have volunteers in blue T-shirts or aprons with the FFOB logo that will sit at and take care of your table so that you can take a short break or a lunch break as needed.
11. Do I have to stay until 4 p.m.?
Yes, the FFOB lasts until 4 p.m. Please plan to stay until then; do not pack up early.
12. Do I get to sit where I want?
No, tables are assigned. If you want your table placed next to participants at a different table, indicate that on your application.
13. How do I get to read from my book?
There will no longer be an option to sign up to read for 15 minutes.
14. Will there be a keynote speaker this year? Yes. On Saturday evening at the FEC at 4:15 p.m., directly after the festival, William “Bill” Sullivan, celebrated Oregon author, will take the audience on a tour of the folk heroes of the northwest…from D.B. Cooper all the way to Florence’s very own exploding whale.
15. Will there be a panel discussion this year?
Yes, from 9 to 10 a.m., just prior to the book fair, the public is welcome to attend a special educational panel regarding how to publish ebooks.
16. Is there a deadline or table limit?
Yes, the deadline is September 6, 2022, or when all tables are sold.
17. Whom do I contact for more information? Check this website often at www.florencefestivalofbooks.org, visit the Florence Festival of Books Facebook page or call the Florence Events Center at 541-997-1994 or toll free 888-968-4086 (Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or www.eventcenter.org).